- Why run re-engagement campaigns
- Steps to Re-Engage Your Existing Contacts for More Interactions
- Tips to Re-engage your contacts
Why run re-engagement campaigns
If you want to re-engage non-openers or non-clickers, running a re-engagement campaign is a fast and cost-efficient approach because targeting your existing contacts is less expensive than finding new ones. It can help you make the most of your existing contacts (people who have opted in to receive emails from you).
You may want to run a re-engage campaign when the opened/clicked rates have dropped. Or you want to send special offers to lapsed or disengaged subscribers, and give non-openers another chance to open your email.
You should wait a reasonable amount of time before sending re-engagement campaigns (e.g. 3~7 days after the original campaign was sent). You can also re-engage inactive users a few times a year to clean your contact list.
Steps to Re-Engage Your Existing Contacts for More Interactions
In MailExpress, you can re-engage your existing audiences with just a few clicks.
- For any Sent campaigns that you want to re-engage to get a higher open or click rate. Click on -> Re-Engage
- In the Re-Engage window, you can target the following groups of recipients (You can only re-engage one group at a time. Send a separate re-engage campaign to target another group):
- Create a campaign with new content and better perks for the group you are re-engaging. Test-send it to yourself before your send it to your recipients.
- A “Re-engage” Tag will appear for re-engage emails. Re-engage campaigns can not be further re-engaged.
Tips to Re-engage your contacts
Re-engage campaign emails can energize your contact lists and bring inactive subscribers back.
A re-engagement campaign email should:
- Let your recipients know that you are sending this campaign exclusively to them. Make them feel special
- Have a good re-engagement perk. It could be an exclusive sale code or a good enough offer that is worth their time
- Have a strong subject line and preview text that highlights the exclusivity of your deal
- Have a clear and strong CTA verb that is simple in its messaging
- Make the unsubscribe button easy to find
- Ensure that you’re sending a high-quality, engaging email to improve the conversion rate
After sending them,
If your subscribers still do not show any activity, consider removing them from your list to prevent future complaints that may hurt your email reputation.
Check engagement results and performance details on your campaign report.