Send Configuration Overview
Choosing a sender email for your newsletter is an important step. Your sender email should allow your contacts to recognize you easily and makes your recipients feel confident about opening your newsletter. Add Sending Domains, Sender emails, and Reply-To emails under -> Settings -> Send Configuration.
- Your Email Domain is the part of your email address that comes after the @ symbol. Choose a sending domain you want to use and authorize it by adding new DNS records (DKIM, SPF, DMARC authentication) on your name server. It may take up to 48 hours for these changes to propagate worldwide. If you don't have a domain, you can contact us to use one of MailExpress's subdomains to send your campaign emails.
- A Sender Email is always your business email address, it reflects the “From” part of your email, you can only select the email addresses from the authenticated/active domains. You can add up to 10 sender emails.
- A Reply-To Address is added when you want the replies from your subscribers to go to a different email other than your sender email.
Add Sending Domains
Click on the "Add Domain" button to add a sending domain, the domain name should not contain http://, https://, www.
View your domains and their status under -> Settings -> Send Configuration
After the DNS is verified, the domain will show "under approval" status, then we will manually review and finish the final IP set up in the backend. After that, we will change the status to "active", and the user will get an approval notification email. It will take about another 24-48 hours.
- Active: domain is ready to use
- Under Approval: DNS verified, we are doing a final review and IP set up. It may take up to 48 hours for you to get an approval email
- Authentication Pending: Verifying DNS records
Click on -> Authenticate Domain or the Domain Name to view more DNS settings. To complete the authentication process, simply copy the TXT(DKIM), TXT(SPF), MX, TXT(DMARC optional) texts, and add new DNS records to your domain’s name server. Here are some instructions for editing DNS records with popular domain providers.
Once added, click on -> Verify Status to start verifying. It takes around 24-48 hours for it to propagate worldwide.
Add Sender (From) & Reply-to Emails
The reply-to email in this example is firstname.lastname@example.org instead of email@example.com which is the “From” email address.
To add a sender email, click -> Add Email
- Input the From Name, Email Address, and select an authorized domain from the drop-down menu
- Click -> Send Verification Email, a verification email will be sent to its inbox. After verifying, you can start using this new sender email in your campaigns.
To add a reply-to email address, Click -> Add Reply-to Email
- A reply-to email can be any email that you have access to and check regularly
- Click -> Send Verification Email, a verification email will be sent to its inbox, after verifying, you can start using this new reply-to email in your campaigns.