- Send Configuration Overview
- Add Sending Domains
- Domain Authentication
- Add Sender (From) & Reply-to Emails
Send Configuration Overview
Choosing a sender email for your newsletter is a crucial step. Your sender email should allow your contacts to recognize you quickly and makes your recipients feel confident about opening your newsletter. Add Sending Domains, Sender emails, and Reply-To emails under -> Settings -> Send Configuration.
- Your Email Domain is the part of your email address that comes after the @ symbol. Choose a sending domain you want to use and authorize it by adding new DNS records (DKIM, SPF, DMARC authentication) on your name server. It may take up to 48 hours for these changes to propagate worldwide. If you don't have a domain, please contact us to use one of MailExpress's subdomains to send your campaign emails.
- A Sender Email is your business email address; it reflects the “From” part of your email; you can only select the email addresses from the authenticated/active domains. You can add up to 10 sender emails.
- Add a Reply-To Address when you want the replies from your subscribers to go to a different email other than your sender email.
Add Sending Domains
Click the "Add Domain" button to add a sending domain; the domain name should not contain http://, https://, or www. View your domains and their status under -> Settings -> Send Configuration.
The domain status will go to "under approval" once the DNS records are verified. We will then review and finish the final setup on our end and change the status to " active" if everything looks good to go. You will receive an approval notification email from us. This process may take 24-48 hours.
|Active||the domain is ready to use|
|Under Approval||DNS verified; we are doing a final review and IP setup|
|Authentication Pending||DNS records are waiting to be verified|
To complete the domain authentication process, click the Domain Name or the three-dot next to it to find the DNS settings. Copy the TXT(DKIM), TXT(SPF), MX, and TXT(DMARC optional) records and paste them to your domain’s name server. Once added, click -> Verify Status to start verifying. It takes around 24-48 hours for it to propagate worldwide. Here are some instructions for editing DNS records with popular domain providers.
Add Sender (From) & Reply-to Emails
The reply-to email in this example is firstname.lastname@example.org instead of email@example.com, which is the “From” email address.
To add a sender email, click -> Add Email.
- Input the From Name, Email Address, and select an authorized domain from the drop-down menu
- Click -> Send Verification Email; a verification email will be sent to its inbox. After verifying, you can start using this new sender email in your campaigns.
To add a reply-to email address, Click -> Add Reply-to Email
- A reply-to email can be any email that you have access to and check regularly
- Click -> Send Verification Email; a verification email will be sent to its inbox; after verifying, you can start using this new reply-to email in your campaigns.