Major benefits of keeping only ONE email list
Although MailExpress allows you to create up to 30 email contact lists per account, there are good reasons why you should avoid using multiple contact lists. Using a single email list and segmenting that list is a better approach most of the time.
- When a recipient unsubscribes, the recipient is unsubscribed at the list level. Therefore, keeping a single list can avoid sending campaigns to unsubscribed users if they belong to multiple lists.
- Having a single list can help you better track your campaigns’ historical data and performances; the data may not be transferable or shareable if you use multiple lists.
- You can only select a single list of recipients each time when creating a campaign email. Keeping contacts in multiple lists means you will have to create and send multiple email campaigns.
- Segmentation rules are based on every single list, not across lists. You can organize your contacts with different custom fields in one list rather than maintain multiple lists in your account.
Need lists management and custom fields consultant? Contact us.
- Once the list is created, you can examine and manage your contacts by clicking on the list name.
- To filter your contacts by their subscription status, click on the drop-down arrow next to “Status” to see the drop-down menu and select the filtering status.
- To filter your contacts by segment, click on the drop-down arrow next to “Segment” to see the drop-down menu and select your segment.
- After you enter the list, click on the email address to edit the contact's information.
- Click on the "Save” button to save the changes you made to the contact. Click on the
"Delete” button to delete a contact.
- You can also delete or unsubscribe multiple contacts all at once. Check the boxes in front of the email addresses you want to delete or unsubscribe. Then click on “Delete” or “Unsubscribe” above the email list to perform the “Delete” or “Unsubscribe” action.
- MailExpress allows you to rearrange the order of or hide the columns. Click on “Toggle Fields”
- Then hover your mouse over the three dots. You will see the mouse icon becomes a hand icon. Hold your mouse and drag the field up or down. Once you finish rearranging, click “OK.”
- You can only hide the custom fields; system default fields won't be able to hide. If you wish to hide a field, move your mouse to the right and click on the eye-shaped icon. Click once to hide, and click again to unhide.
- You can add additional contacts to an existing list by clicking on the “Add Contacts” button in the upper-right-hand corner of the list.
- You can also exit the main view of the List interface and click on the add contacts icon next to the list name.
- To manage your list, click on the three-dot icon in the upper-right hand corner, and you will see a drop-down list containing the following options:
- List Settings:
Manage basic list info such as edit list name, view list ID, and add homepage URL.
- Custom Fields:
View, arrange, and add custom fields to your list.
View, add, edit, delete, or duplicate your segments.
- Past Imports:
View all the past list import history
Download all the contact information as a CSV file
- Delete List:
Delete the current list
- List Settings:
- To manage your segments, click “Segment” in the drop-down menu to enter the segment view. Here you can see a list of the segments that you create.
- Click the “Create Segment” button to create a new segment.
- To manage your segment, click on the segment you want to edit and the three dots under the “Action” column. You will see that you can edit, duplicate or delete the segment.
Congratulations, now you have learned how to manage your lists and contacts.